I use Facebook in many ways:
- Send messages to other teachers and developers which I have listed
- Send best tweets and links from TweetDeck to Facebook
- Send messages to our school students, because their reply faster in Facebook than E-mails.
- Our school Voionmaa upper secondary school (might ask your sign in your Facebook account) have own Facebook-page and there over 1200 students involve. Im administrator with 3 other teachers and 2-3 students in this year. We share information, pictures, videos, links, promote school events and new courses.
- I have networked between different upper secondary schools in Finland - I liked schools Facebook-pages, so I know, what happens in every school from my wall, very practical.
- We have also network with 24 upper secondary schools and have common Facebook-page, where every school share their best practices for entrepreneurship and social media projects. All schools works at administrator of pages. Network is called Y-love network in entrepreneurship and social media. (Page is in Finnish, but take a look around) Sign in your Facebook account.
- We also plan and write all new project in Facebook and GoogleDocs. In most project there is a demand on networking ja ICT-use, so application is written between schools all over Finland. Closed Facebook-group is great tool to lead writing process, innovate new and share links. Actual writing happens in GoogleDocs.
- I have now closed groups at #Finnedchat, Mobile project, Voionmaa school teachers and couple more.
- I use Facebook chat a lot with other teacher developers, its easy and quick.
Two videos give some perspectives from Facebook in classroom and education.