Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Twitter in classroom. Part 1.

  
         Twitter has been dramatic change for me as an educator.  I was already active user of  Facebook in my leisure and also in work,  but it was Twitter, which really make a change. Suddenly educators around the world were part of my PLN. I had many questions about Finnish education and got many good tips, links and information in my use.  Im interestid in social media in education, so Twitter is at moment best chanel update your information. Like I said on my first post, I develop my personal learning network  following from TweetDeck simultaneoysly my friends, my lists, favorites, mentions, messages, new  followers, different hashtags like #edchat #edtech #mlearning.
         Twitter is a place for teachers to collaborate, share their experience every day schoolwork and materials,   develop pedagogical methods, learn more about languages and cultures, make new connections and partnerschools. 
         I share my presentation on Twitter in classroom on three parts. At the end of this short introductions there is great tutorial video from Twitter in classroom by @paulandersson.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post and congrats for this brand new blog! I have been using Twitter only a couple of months but I'm totally hooked. I have to confess, I have never learned to use RSS-feed readers and staff properly but I think that now I don't need them anymore.

    Thanks also for that nice video. It made me think, that maybe it's time to start using Twitter with students as well. For example, it would be very useful to be able to tweet so that students get the message to their mobilephones as @paulandersson showed in the video.

    And also I think a situation in which students are working in classroom and we could have a backchannel stream projected via dataprojector so that they can ask for help and so on. I think, that if they have to write the request for help, they have to think more by themselves, compared with the situation in which they are just shouting out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina, we are both hooked! Your last idea is great, can I use it part 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course :) combination twitter & "blended learning" is in many ways intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Timo!

    Excellent post and I loved the video - plus, I am going to follow Paul Andersen, I love what he is doing in his class with Twitter! I can't wait to see how you use it.

    Ever since I joined two years ago (almost), I have learned a great deal and connected to amazing educators all around the world. To be honest, I did not think I would get this far when I first joined - it was just to "try it out". Now, two years later, I look back and I am happy for this decision! So many good things have happened, so many things learned and so much more to take place : )

    Many thanks Timo!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goog morning! Paul is in my must follow list to. True that speed of learning here in Twitter is unbelievable. Thanks for feedback!

    ReplyDelete